May you be blessed with warmth in your home, love in your heart, peace in your soul and joy in your life.

Sunday, December 17, 2017

6 Can Soup

A few years back, my friend Gretchen told me how to make 6 can soup. Really simple. Tastes great.

  • 1 can chicken broth
  • 1 can corn
  • 1 can Ro-tel tomatoes with green chilies
  • 1 can Ranch style beans
  • 1 can chicken breast
  • 1 can chicken with rice soup
Mix all ingredients and heat through. We've made it in the crock pot, and on the stove top. Tonight I made a variation of it that was delicious! 
We like to make salsa chicken for burritos (another easy one - chicken breasts, packet of taco seasoning, jar of salsa. Crockpot on low 4-6 hours, shred chicken and stir together). I had chicken left over from earlier this week, so I used about a cup and half of that in place of the canned chicken breast. I also had made a big pot of black beans yesterday for a Christmas party we went to last night so I put about a cup or so of those in with the soup. We fried some corn tortillas, crumbled them on the top of soup, and shredded some cheddar to finish it off. Dinner in less than ten minutes. Yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment